Friday, January 27, 2012

My period is... gone?!?

I have been bleeding lightly and darkly for about two weeks when my period was supposed to come. But instead of having any ‘real’ period this month, the light bleeding just continued for two days and then disappeared all together! It was really incredibly that this month my period has been reduced down to almost nothing.


Even though there was little chance that I would be pregnant, I bought a pregnancy kit and tested myself anyway, because if I’d presented myself to a Western doctor and told him that I didn’t have my period this month, he would tell me to test myself for pregnancy. I wasn’t pregnant, as I suspected, which leaves the explanation of the White Tigress exercises I’ve been doing, some which are intended to reduce your menstrual flow.


It is absolutely incredible that in such a short period of time that the exercises may have had the effect that they have on my body. The exercises are meant to restore your body back to it’s adolescent state, when you first started getting your period. The other strange thing that happened was when I was at the temple for Chinese New Year, I was suddenly overcome with the need to vomit and have diarrhoea and pass out all at the same time. My lover and family thought that it was food poisoning, but when I was keeled over in the toilet I remembered that I had had this exact feeling before, when I was younger and first started menstruating and my periods used to hit me like a tonne of bricks, giving my nausea and diarrhoea and making me faint all at the same time.


Now, I know that may be a long string to draw, but sitting there, the feeling did feel familiar, and the familiarity was from that moment in my life. Nonetheless, regardless of whether that episode was related to my Tigress exercises or not, my period this month has been more or less non-existence which is in itself pretty amazing. I’m looking forward to my period next month to see it continues to be this way.


On a sadder note, HL still hasn’t responded to me. I hope he responds soon. I check my email hourly while I’m awake and feel so so sad that he hasn’t responded to me. I hope he hasn’t changed his mind. I don’t know what else I would do with my life if I wasn’t able to pursue this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment