Thursday, April 5, 2012

Starch free Tigress

This week I have started my starch free diet. I am attempting to be starch free for a week and then go onto a low starch diet. There is starch in many things! Wheat, bread, flour, corn, rice, beans, lentils, potatoes… as well as being a vegetarian, this doesn’t leave me with many things to eat! I am also not eating raw foods or cold foods.

At first on my new diet I was feeling quite light, but not hungry, which was a surprise. I think this may be because on my previous diet I used to eat many things that would make my blood sugar spike and then drop again (like cupcakes and chips!) which made me feel hungry a lot. But now eating basically fruit, veggies, tofu and diary, I am not experiencing that anymore.

On the following days I did start to move from feeling light to light-headed which wasn’t good. I think it will take a while to sort out the right diet for me and to have variety and all the nutrients I need in what I eat.

The not eating cold food has been really good actually. I’ve found that things taste better when they are slightly warm, even things like salad, and now that I am used to not eating cold food, trying to eat cold food again seems to send a shock through my body. I guess humans didn’t evolve to eat cold food and that is only a recent thing with the invention of refrigeration. I am enjoying experimenting with my diet and feeling my way through what a Tigress would have traditionally eaten.

I've been eating out as well on my new starch free diet. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought! For example, today I had a Laska without the noodles, just vegies and tofu. And it was delicious! It wasn't much different. I had it for lunch and normally I would go back to work feeling sleepy and heavy, but I just felt light and normal and able to be productive still, which was amazing.

I hope my new diet will help me maintain and enhance my physical beauty – I’d like to have a diet that helps my skin and my physical being glow with health. I am quite enjoying transforming my life into the lifestyle of a Tigress bit by bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment